A Vacuum lifter for sheet metal is a vacuum system used to grip and lift any flat material with a smooth surface within a set area, such as a warehouse or manufacturing facility. It can transport delicate fabrics, such as placing eggs in egg cartons and lifting heavy-duty loads. A vacuum lifter for sheet metal can be as simple as a handheld pull cup or as multipart as a pump-powered, multi-pad device.
This vacuum lifter for sheet metal system consists of a vacuum pump connected by an air hose to a lifting tube. It has an air-tight seal which is used to ensure a safe grip. It also consists of an overhead crane used to provide a safe suspension. There is a suction head and suction foot to hold the load, which is also called a hoist or boom arm, located at the end of the heavy-duty vacuum lifting tube. Pneumatic tubes are used to connect these suctions to the pump. You can control the pump mechanically, physically, or remotely. Typically, this depends on the vacuum lifter's design, and a partial space is usually created between the cup/pad and the workpiece when they align nicely. The workpiece can be lifted and moved once the seal is strong enough to lift it. Also, a vacuum lift forklift attachment can be used.
Capability and efficiency
Vacuum lifting equipment is typically used to load, unload, stacking, and move simple objects such as sheets, egg crates, lightweight boxes & sacks, buckets, and heavy-duty objects such as barrels, trucks, stock, etc. They can lift loads of up to 300 kg quickly and appropriately.
They are very efficient in the logistic industry because they can be used for basic logistics processes such as the dispatch and picking processes and in the airport for handling passengers' luggage. Compared to manual labor that usually requires 2-3 employees, a vacuum lifting system requires only a single employee to move its oversized panels, requiring little or no physical exertion.
Firstly, you are to start the vacuum pump. Then ensure that the suction cups are placed firmly on the object you need to lift. The vacuum pump will start raising the load when you have achieved an air-tight seal between the suction cups and the workload. The lever on the handle should be adjusted in other to lift and lower your load to where you need it. Finally, tilt the suction foot to break the air-tight seal to release the load.
- It makes your employees happy, and it can also save your company from costly insurance claims and the cost of sick leave.
- It makes lifting effortless, and this means that anyone can lift. Irrespective of a person's size, strength, age, or gender, they can lift. This, in turn, helps to improve flexibility, diversity, and retention in the workforce.
- It is easy to set up and use and does not require any specialized machinery.
- Its maintenance fee is not expensive; this is because its spare parts can be easily found and can also be quickly and easily replaced.
- It is easy to maintain than other more complex systems. To fix a vacuum lifter for sheet metal, no special team is required. It can be repaired and serviced quickly and easily by your company's mechanics and maintenance team because it does not require specialized mechanization.
- It proffers flexible solutions for efficient logistics because it can be used to lift any material. Materials such as steel, plastic, glass, wood can be lifted using a vacuum lifter for sheet metals. It does not require any particular effect, unique settings, or noteworthy changes irrespective of the type of material involved. It only requires that the load meets the established standards of weight, porosity, and maximum measurements during the vacuum lifter's design phase.
- In addition to the values mentioned above, a vacuum lifter for sheet metals has the potential of increasing efficiency and productivity. This is because it reduces downtime. After all, workers can lift more in less time. It also allows workers to rest between lifts and prevents the rate of casualties or injury caused by repetitive lifting.
A vacuum lifter for sheet metals has little weight of materials it can lift. Suppose the object to be lifted weighs several tons. In that case, it won't be easy to lift if the weight is beyond the capacity design of the vacuum lifter. Also, there are some materials that the vacuum lifter won't be able to grip firmly. Therefore, it is safer and easier to opt for magnetized systems if we talk about metals, lifting tongs or scissor lifting tongs, or even sheet lifters.
It cannot be used to lift porous materials. If the material's surface is not smooth, the vacuum pad cannot grip the material firmly.
At grabo.com, our vacuum lifter for sheet metal is durable, efficient, and affordable. Our goal is to provide machines that make lifting more accessible and offering optimal solutions for every handling application.